What comes to mind when you think about John Mayer? …Awesome guitarist? …Melodic voice? …Ladies’ man? Well, what about teacher? Through his songs, Mr. Mayer has shared some valuable life lessons with the world. If you didn’t catch on, don’t worry. We’ve got the eight most important right here:
1. “I just found out there’s no such thing as the real world, just a lie you’ve got to rise above.” – No Such Thing
John shook us up with this first lesson. Good thing he let us in on this secret!
2. “Your Body is a Wonderland.” – Your Body is a Wonderland
We all love to be reminded that we’re special and beautiful, right?
3. “Gravity is working against me. And gravity wants to bring me down” – Gravity
Next, John switched gears and gave us a little science lesson about gravity. True, John. Very true.
4. “Nobody’s gonna come and save you, we pulled too many false alarms. We’re going down, and you can see it too. We’re going down, and you know that we’re doomed. My dear, we’re slow dancing in a burning room.” – Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
This is John’s version of the boy (and girl) who cried wolf lesson. Pull too many false alarms and you’ll end up dancing in a burning room. Now that’s scary.
5. “Down to the wire, I wanted water, but I walk through the fire. If this is what it takes to take me even higher. And I’ll come through like I do when the world keeps testing me, testing me, testing me.” – Vultures
John gave us the motivation to fight and push on, even when others are trying to bring us down. Right on, John.
6. “I’m perfectly lonely, yeah. ‘Cause I don’t belong to anyone, and nobody belongs to me.” – Perfectly Lonely
If you’re not into heartbreak warfare, it’s totally okay to be single… says the man who always seems to have a new girl!
7. “Say what you need to say.” – Say
Bam. That’s all there is to it.
8. “So line on up, and take your place. And show your face to the morning. Cause one of these days you’ll be born and raised. And it all comes on without warning.” – Born and Raised
You heard him, ladies and gents. Don’t just let life pass you by, make something of yourself. You’re pretty wise, Mr. Mayer.
Visit the Frank Erwin Center website to see who's coming, and subscribe to Be the First to Know to get a jump on upcoming pre-sales and ticket giveaways.