April will be a month of changes for us here at the Frank Erwin Center and it’s important for you to be aware of them before your next visit. We have several exciting show announcements coming up and the Dell Medical Center Project will commence. The most important thing to know is parking and access to the arena will be affected due to the realignment of Red River Street. Here are some changes occurring within the next few months, but please visit our website for the most up to date information about this ongoing project. Thank you for your patience during this time of transition!
- Construction began Sunday, March 30 to remove the median on 15th Street to allow for two-way traffic when Red River Street closes. Although 15th Street will still be open, traffic delays are expected.
- Littlefield Campus parking lot (area north of the Erwin Center) will soon be open for use.
- The Frank Erwin Center Box Office on Red River Street will eventually be moved to the north side of the building for normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Red River Street will eventually close between Martin Luther King (MLK) Boulevard and 15th Street. This will impact all street parking on Red River Street, including ADA spaces.
- During the time Red River Street is closed, 15th Street, MLK Boulevard and Trinity Street will remain open, but significant changes to traffic patterns and flow will occur.
- At some point, barricades will block vehicular access into Lot 108 from Red River Street. The barricades will also block pedestrian access to sidewalks in front of Lot 108 (sidewalks on the east side of current Red River Street).
We’ll be experiencing an extreme makeover (Dell Medical Center Edition), so before your next visit to the Frank Erwin Center, be sure to check our website for the latest info about parking and access to the building. For more details about the new Dell Medical School Project, click here.
Visit the Frank Erwin Center website to see who's coming, and subscribe to Be the First to Know to get a jump on upcoming pre-sales and ticket giveaways.