The much-loved Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. Gang will bring chills and thrills to audiences at The Theatre at the Frank Erwin Center Sunday, May 19 with Scooby-Doo Live! Musical Mysteries. Before seeing the show, test your Scooby knowledge with some tricky trivia. Then as a treat, bake some delicious Scooby Snacks fit for humans!
1. What dog breed is Scooby-Doo?
2. Casey Kasem was the voice actor until 1991 for which character on the Scooby-Doo TV series?
3. What is Scooby-Doo’s proper name?
4. What is the name of Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. Gang’s hometown?
5. What is the name of the groovy van Scooby-Doo and the gang travel around in?
6. Who bought the van for the Mystery Inc. Gang?
7. Who is Scooby-Doo’s nephew?
8. Who is the only character with glasses?
9. What is Shaggy’s real name?
10. What is Scooby-Doo’s favorite snack?
1. The original series “Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?” premiered in 1974.
2. Shaggy is the brains of the Mystery Inc. Gang.
3. More than 65 million books based around Scooby-Doo have been sold worldwide.
4. Daphne usually drives the Mystery Machine.
5. Velma has an unrequited crush on Fred.
Scooby Snack Recipe
2 cups – Flour
1 cup – Oatmeal
1/2 cup – Cocoa
1/2 cup – Sugar
1/2 cup – Butter, softened
2 each – Eggs
1/4 cup – Milk
1 tbsp – Vanilla extract
1 tsp – Walnut or almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well. Roll the dough out on a lightly greased surface to ¾ inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter—perhaps in the shape of a dog bone! Use a spatula to place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
Visit the Frank Erwin Center website to see who's coming, and subscribe to Be the First to Know to get a jump on upcoming pre-sales and ticket giveaways.