Hallelujah! We are approximately two weeks away from Panic! At The Disco’s first-ever appearance at the Frank Erwin Center, and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since we announced the show back in October.
In case you hadn’t heard, Panic! At the Disco will bring their Death of a Bachelor Tour to the Frank Erwin Center on April 2 with support from MisterWives and Saint Motel.
As we gear up to receive the Grammy Award-nominated pop rock band, I can’t help but reminisce about my days of black on black outfits, blasting the band’s “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” as I filled my room with posters and cutouts from AP Magazine. Talk about memories.
Since then, the band and their music have gone through some changes, but a part of me still holds on to those golden days. So, in honor of The Death of a Bachelor Tour marking the first headlining arena tour for Panic! At the Disco in 10 years, here are 10 things you might relate to if, like me, you grew up Emo.
1. The only summer festival lineup you cared about was Vans Warped Tour.
3. Your entire Converse collection was covered in artist signatures and song lyrics – and yeah, you had a Converse collection.
4. When you hear the first note of “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”
5. The song title of your favorite song was longer than the song itself.
7. You filled your entire room with magazine posters of your favorite bands and, of course, Brendon Urie.
8. Hot Topic was your second home.
9. And you couldn’t go to the mall without dragging all your friends there.
10. You can’t let go, so you’re the first in line at Jimmy Eat Wednesday
Now, I’m not saying you have to see Panic! At the Disco when they take the stage at the Frank Erwin Center on April 2, but it’s better if you do.
Grab tickets at TexasBoxOffice.com before they’re all gone!
We’re celebrating our 40th Anniversary! Click here to share your memories on the Frank Erwin Center guestbook!
Visit the Frank Erwin Center website to see who's coming, and subscribe to Be the First to Know to get a jump on upcoming pre-sales and ticket giveaways.